Never miss all the cool giveaways:
get notifications in your browser!
こちらを クリックして ブラウザーでの新しいgiveawaysに関する通知を受信しましょう。
Ocster Backup Pro 4< のgiveaway は 2010年8月16日
Ocster Backup Pro 4は自動バックアップシステムでバックアップしたいもの、時間を指定するだけで完了。 "Automatic Pausing" でバックアップ処理中のものを一時停止することも可能。
Windows XP/ Vista/ 7
Just a warning. If this application uses a proprietary format for backups, then it means that you'll have to have the application installed in order to access your backups. Since this is a giveaway and you cannot reinstall it, it might be wise to make sure that you can access that data some other way. If you have to, for one reason or another, reinstall your OS, or something of that nature, you may not be able to install this application and will be forced to purchase it, or won't have access to your data.
Just a warning for those who are unaware, because a proprietary format means that it can only be opened by the Ocster. That's why some backup programs will allow you to choose a non-proprietary format such as ISO or ZIP, etc.
Wouldn't like to see anyone lose a huge backup and/or be forced to buy software which they might not otherwise buy.
* Straightforward and easy to use.
* Nice, aesthetically pleasing interface.
* Allows users to backup individual files or whole folders.
* Includes handy "shortcuts" for easy backup of common folders, and file extensions.
* Has the ability to easily backup Microsoft Outlook (2003 and higher) emails and calendars.
* Includes an "exclusion" filter which users can use to exclude specific files, folders, or file extensions from being backed up.
* Has an "automatic pausing" feature that automatically pauses/resumes backups based on current computer usage (i.e. if you are doing something on your computer that is resource intensive, the backup will be automatically paused and will be automatically resumed when computer resources are freed up).
* Allows users to restore files/folders selectively.
* Has multiple methods of compressing and encrypting backups.
* Allows users to schedule backups to automatically occur.
* Gives users the ability to keep extensive reports and automatically e-mail the reports.
* Uses a proprietary format for the backed up data.
* When restoring backups, password is left in the password field (and appears the next time user runs a restore) unless user manually removes it.
* Lacks different backup methods.
* Aside from Microsoft Outlook, lacks the ability to easily backup third party software related data.
* Automatic backups can only be scheduled for a daily or weekly basis.
* Sending out backup report e-mails requires users to register (for free) with Ocster - no ability to use own e-mail address.
For final verdict, recommendations, and full review please click here.
Ashraf forgot to mention a great free alternative: Cobian Backup 10.
It's a decent backup software 100% stable on both 32 and 64-bit Windows.
- Imaging a drive with 20Gb used space took over 4h.
Thanks but no thanks.
True Image Home does the same in 6-12minutes.
#2: "Just a warning. If this application uses a proprietary format for backups, then it means that you’ll have to have the application installed in order to access your backups. Since this is a giveaway and you cannot reinstall it, it might be wise to make sure that you can access that data some other way..."
Not To Worry.
Installed the GOTD version to evaluate & get unlock code -- at the end of install a window pops up with links to register at the Ocster site. Restored the XPMode VM, installed the regular download from their site -- unlock code works with it too.
So if you lose your GOTD install for whatever reason, you can use the 30-day trial to restore, & if you've held onto your key, register it for full version. That said, I did not check to see if Ocster makes older versions available for download -- you may want to download & save the app a 2nd time from the Ocster site, following the link at the top of the GOTD page.
© 2006 - 2022 giveawayoftheday.com. すべてのコンテンツの無断複写 転載 パテント登録中.